The House of Hades: A Review

I SUCK WOO (I'm sorry I couldn't manage a better header image for this one)

What do you think is under the title?
  • The House of Hades is where the magic happens.

Summarize the story in your own words:
  • Basically, The House of Hades is the fourth book off of the Heroes of Olympus series and here, we slowly unravel the Great Prophecy (aka the Prophecy of Seven). In this one also, we follow Percy and Annabeth's (cliffhanger) ending and journey with them as they go into the depths of Tartarus whilst in search for the Doors of Death.

In general: (didn't like it, okay, liked it, loved it)
  • I loved it aha
 Why?
  • This has to be my favorite out of the series so far.
  • The fact that all seven have their own narrations! (And because of that, let's give a bullet for each of them! Plus Nico)
  • FRANK! I'm just so, so proud of him.
  • Nico, that was really something. This wasn't a surprise for for I've been spoiled even way before I was able to read it, but I thought that was really good and brave of Uncle Rick to have put up something like that for a Middle Age read. He's opened us up to this issue and learning to accept them. And yes, that will never change the way I look at Nico. We may never be able to actually figure him out, but I like him that way. (Although I missed Mythomagic-playing, thirteen year old Nico.)
  • Jason. I thought we get a lot more from him in this one. In the sense that we see his well, vulnerable side more. (Because Annabeth is out and he's the second placer for leader material)
  • Piper! I'm not really Piper's biggest fan. She ticks me off a lot, but I gotta say, I am starting to like her. Maybe because of the fact that she handles the cornucopia which she considered a very good weapon; or maybe because I'm starting to see some sense in her character. She isn't just this whiny, cheeky Aphrodite girl anymore. She's learning to use her charmspeak well, she's improving in sword fighting and well, she's starting to use her brains well. Although I always thought that Pipes is brainy and all.
  • Percy + Annabeth. (I'm putting them up together in a bullet because I don't think I'd be able to expound on them in separate bullets.) Obviously, they've matured a lot already. Even ever since The Mark of Athena, actually, but you know, every single time we get a point of view from either of them, I can't help but feel nostalgic. Especially that time with the cursing harpies, that moment when they had put out the curses to Percy and Annabeth. Also, those inside jokes. Ha.
  • Leo. This funny guy's gone through a lot. I kind of feel bad for him? Also, I hope things end well with him and the things he hope for.
  • Lastly, Hazel. For me, she's the hero in this one. That was amazing. I have no proper words for this.
  • Also, I'm very much thankful for the little Frazel moments we're given. I never shipped Frazel. Like, I hate it. Not because of the age gap they have, but you know, I don't see anything worth shipping between them. But in the House of Hades, I'm starting to see some light in this ship. Congratulations.
  • Those last second hopes! (Wrong choice of word/s, I know. Sorry.) I just hate it! Those moments (which is a lot) wherein you feel like; "oh, no, oh my gods this is the end oh my god" wherein you'll just give up and sigh because there's no more hope and suddenly, a hero pops up and dang it those moments annoyed the crap out of me! ...and I liked those moments.

Favorite scene:
  • The Nyx encounter! And the Eros encounter!

Least favorite scene:
  • (spoiler!) That time when Annabeth goes blind for a short period of time.

One quote you liked:
“Love is no game! It is no flowery softness! It is hard work- It demands everything from you- especially the truth.”

Make a three to five song playlist for the novel:
  • Sick Little Games- All Time Low
  • Now -Paramore
  • Angel With A Shotgun- The Cab
  • Eject, Eject, Eject!- Tonight Alive
  • To Die For- Tonight Alive

Rate it by stars/rubber ducks:

Would you recommend it?
  • yES!

'Til next time!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment