Album Hoard #1!!


Welcome to the first ever album hoard!! Yes, I call it album hoard. Does it sound too... hard? Morbid? Harsh? Rough? Sorry, I couldn't settle for a better word to put it.

Anyway, this is what I'm going to do every third week of the month! And since I missed second week, I'm putting this up a bit early to compensate. (Is this enough for compensation?)

This week, I'm reviewing (clue: it just got out, guess what)...
 
One Direction's latest album, Midnight Memories! woo are you excited?? (ha)

In reviewing albums (or just about anything really) I'm using the Q & A method because it would be easier for me to do that way and I'd be able to put my thoughts in order and properly. Let's get down to business, folks.

How did you come up about on listening to it?
  • If you live in the tumblr universe, (or twitter or 1D facebook page or anywhere on the internet, really) you might have heard/seen that it's leaked. Saying that iTunes accidentally leaked it. You know how the kiddos are nowadays, we get shit real fast. Also, it's One Direction! I'm a Directioner! How can I resist? (I'm so sorry. I swear I might purchase a copy if my wallet agrees to it.)

What is the title of the album and why do you think it's named as such?
  • It's entitled Midnight Memories (and I'm listening to it whilst reviewing wee). Well, they've got a track under the same name, but personally, I think it's named as such because this album, somehow, is more mature (not in that way you're thinking) than their older ones. Obviously.

What did you think of the album?
  • I think this just might be my [most] favorite of theirs ever. I liked both Up All Night and Take Me Home a lot, but out of all three, I think Midnight Memories is the one that got me them most. I thought the songs were pretty random by genre...? Or maybe not really genre, but just the songs are different from each other. Unlike the past two wherein you can hear some other song from something else off that album. Or maybe because in this one, they've matured a lot more than before; also because this is, well, less of those songs about boy sees girl in a bar, wants to hook up with them and stuff. (Do I make sense? Sorry, I'm not an expert in explaining things like this.) This one has substance, like, it's more than just teenager relationships and sex. Obviously, there's still a lot of sex but at least well, it's... nicer to hear than the previous ones. I mean, it's different. And considering that they've gotten through a lot whilst making this album, I'm really proud of them.

What's your favorite song off the album?
  • I have many! But my top three would be: Don't Forget Where You Belong (plus because McFly coMPOSED IT); Does He Know?; and You and I

Was there a line in one of the songs in the album that struck you?
You're surrounded by love and you're wanted, so never feel alone
- Don't Forget You Belong

We don’t want to be like them, we can make it ‘till the end 
- You and I

Would you check out more of the artist/band?
  • It's One Direction. How can I resist?

Rate it by rubber ducks:

Would you recommend it?
  • Yes. Purchase a copy and don't pirate it like I did. (I'm really sorry, I feel horrible. But I'm a poor boor.)

'Til next time!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment