"Real" Book Challege: June 2014 Wrap-up

Have you gotten used to reading on your Kindle, iPad, Nook, or other reading device? Do you have tons of pretty books filling your bookshelves that are just begging to be read (and maybe sniffed a little too)? Do you have a favorite book or series that you’ve been looking for a reason to reread?
All these scenarios, and so many more, are the perfect reason to join the “Real” Book Challenge! Join us in a quest to put down the electronic devices and pick up a physical copy of your favorite book(s).

The "Real" Book Challenge is a challenge hosted by Swoony Boys Podcast and Fiction Fare that dares readers to stick to the printed word and achieve their certain goals of "real" books read per year!
If I remember it correctly, I set my initial goal to Real Book Hoarder (41-50 real books) but seeing from the progress I've been making so far, I don't think I'll be able to get to reach that goal by the end of the year, so I'm toning it down a bit to Real Book Snob (21-30 real books.) I've lowered down my goal from 70 to 60 books on goodreads as well. (Because I've been banned from reading in the whole of March, I struggled to keep up with the challenge and managed to be five books behind all the time.)

So yes, that said, here is a short list of the "real" books I've read in the month of June + links to my reviews. (Click on the photos to proceed to the reviews)

http://obviouslyreading.blogspot.com/2014/06/second-chance-summer-review.html

http://obviouslyreading.blogspot.com/2014/06/lola-and-boy-next-door-review.html

I know. I'm a disappointment. I've been trying my best to keep up with all the things that's going on around me and in my head and I'm finding it difficult to cope so far... Not to worry, though. I still have a lot of books to read in my TBR shelf (that are real books, anyway) and I feel like I'm starting to get back to my vibes.

On to you, how many real books have you read during the month of June?

No comments:

Post a Comment