Happy Birthday, Obviously Reading!

That party hat is very much out of place and it is ticking me off...

I'm pretty sure the title and the header of this post makes it obvious as to what this post is about. Yes, my blog's one today! And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't proud of myself.

I haven't planned anything whatsoever today, but I'm posting on a Monday. (Which obviously doesn't really happen because I post during T-TH-S.) Just to let you know that well, it's my blog's blogoversary. Also to thank you for everything that's happened with me + my blogging life so far. I don't even know who reads my blog. For all I know, my schoolmates could've found out about it since then and continued to follow it for several purposes. Or maybe you're someone from the other side of the world. Stumbling upon my blog for a reason I hope would be connected to finding the next amazing novel to read. Or maybe you're a fellow blogger I've chat with on twitter. Either way, I'm grateful.



I can't say I've gone very far in the blogging industry yet, but I've been starting to make some progress. Heck, it's actually a huge achievement I've managed to blog for a year already. I remember making this blog in a normal afternoon after school--as part of my impulsive decisions. Now I'm here, finding happiness within the biggest impulsive decision I've made in my life yet. Anyywaaay, if you've been following me since the very beginning, then you probably know that I've went full-on book blog only about during early-2014. So technically, my blog's not one yet. But well, technically, it actually is. So... yes. Anyway, I've been a full-time book blog for only about seven months or so, but I couldn't have been prouder of my achievements so far. I'm a very, very, very awkward and anti-social person. Even on the internet. Even if it's the only thing left on my list that I should do. I don't even know how I managed to be able to chat with even just one of my fellow book bloggers. I even wrote it down on my happy jar--when I first managed to talk to a blogger (hello, Hazel!). I swear I'm so proud of myself for being able to move a little.

You're probably not aware of this, but I started venturing out only about three months ago and although it hasn't been much so far, I look forward to exploring new worlds and taking on new challenges. (You see, I like trying to push myself into my hardest. Because I believe that things are sometimes worth the risk. And if they're not, well, for sure you'll learn something from it. [That's the biggest thing I learned from blogging and venturing. Really.])

I don't have anything cheeky or whatsoever to give you [this year or right now], but I'd like you to know how thankful I am of you. Whoever you are who takes time to visit my blog when time allows you to. Whoever you are who's ever resulted to my blog for book recommendations or whatsoever. To my blogger friends who I have probably conversed with in a very awkward manner one way or another. You guys are all amazing. I wouldn't have gone to where I am now without you.

Here's to another year of giving you novels to read and music to listen to! Y'all should know that you mean so much to me and this blog wouldn't be this blog if you weren't there along the way.

'Til next time! (Love you.)

No comments:

Post a Comment