ALBUM HOARD #3 | Where It All Began



This is obviously the most irrelevant monthly meme/post (whichever term works) I am ever going to post in this blog. But, you do know that music is basically what supplies me with air after books and I've tried to narrow my topics down, but I can't seem to get rid of this section.

Anyway, for the third album hoard ever, I'm going to share [to you] one of the albums that got me through long hours on the road and basically what I had listened to a lot this vacation to kill some time, write several blog posts, do chores, review for college and mull over a lot of other things. For this month, I'm giving you Dan + Shay's debut album: Where It All Began.


  
How did you come up about on listening it?
  • Now that I think about it... I have no idea. I have no recollection as to when and how exactly I found out about Dan + Shay. I just remember I was on YouTube at that time and I stumbled upon 19 You + Me and I liked it a lot, then I started listening to their other songs in no time.

What did you think of the album?

  • I devoured this album. In the midst of all the rock bands I literally live for, I have this thing for [contemporary (I think you can consider them contemporary, because modern isn't really the most appropriate term to use. Also, there's another side to country which is sort of like the stereotyped one)] country. If any, it's definitely one of my guilty pleasures.
  • During the first listen, I figured that they remind me of Hunter Hayes--who is one of my most favorite artists. Yes, all genres of music I listen to combined. Probably because they fall under the same genre. Also because of the way they string their words together. I mean this in the "their songs are focused on a lot of romance" and really, just the way they string words to come up with a song. I can't say exactly what/how it is, but there's just something about the way they write that's enticing and [really] prompting to write of.
  • I'm not comparing them to Hunter Hayes. (There's a difference between being reminded of and comparing.) They're both amazing in their own ways and they both have distinct voices. (Okay, I need to elaborate that sentence.) But there's thing song entitled "Parking Brake" whose intro sounds like a Hunter Hayes song. I'm not judging. Not at all. I just noticed.
  • Irrelevant opinions aside, I really, really like this record. There's this week or two during April where I like to stay up late 'til 2AM and I'll put the album on loop to have something accompany me whilst I work.
  • Overall, I know that people are starting to appreciate this genre. And if you're still in the pathway leading to the world of country, I suggest you listen to Dan + Shay to give you a heads up of what awaits you in this music genre that is country. Where It All Began is an amazing record. They're one of those records that just give you imaginary scenes in your head and distract you from the real world for about forty minutes or so. They're chilly and cool and relaxing. I listen to them when I'm off to read a book or just lied down to kill some time and calm my nerves.

What's your favorite song off the album?
 

  • It's really hard to pick! I love that record so much and I think every song in it is just as good as the next, but if I were to narrow the list down, I would have to go with either Can't Say No, Stop Drop + Roll or Nothing Like You. (See? I didn't really narrow it down. I came down with three and if you think about it, it's a still quite a lot to choose from.)

Would you check out more of the artist/band? 

  • Yes! They're under my radar now! 
  
Rate it by rubber ducks:
five ducks!




Would you recommend it? 

  • Not everyone I know is into country. I tried to get my friends into the Hunter Hayes vibes several months ago and not everyone bought it, but if you're into country or you think you're game to check out different genres of music besides the one you're currently into, I suggest you give them a shot! You never know, they just might be your next favorite thing! (I know it became mine!)

Last Words:
 

  • Colton Haynes (Jackson from Teen Wolf) made a cover of this song with New Heights and it's amazing! I never knew he could sing! You should check it out.
 


'Til next time!


:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment