Take me back

It's yet again another year! As much as I look forward to it, there are, of course, things that made my last year remarkable and here's a brief list of the many things I'll keep with me.



Top 5 favorite novels I've read this year:

(in random order because they're equally amazing)
 
  • I discovered this novel by accident whilst in the middle of desperation to hoard e-books. This is one of my favorite novels this year because it's a perfect getaway. It's mushy, cute, warm and witty. If you are in need of a break (or looking for a novel to make you feel so much of a hopeless romantic), you've got to check this novel out!
  • I reviewed this novel! (check it out)

  • Like The Distance Between Us, I just stumbled upon this novel in desperate need of something to read and it's made its way to one of my favorite novels this year!
  • To describe this novel in three words, it would most likely be witty, dramatic and smart.
  • It starts off as everything mysterious. The novel is so beautifully written and the emotion is raw. The characters, in lack of better terms, are somehow emotionally unstable. Nastya's (god damn it, I love her name so much) been through a lot that she has to move in to Florida and refuses to speak whilst Josh has lost almost all of her relatives that he chooses not to get attached to anybody (because it's somehow stuck with him that if he gets too close, he might lost that person too) and distances himself from the crowd. This is an amazing book, I swear. It's taught me a lot of things and that ending! That was definitely something!
  • Check out it's goodreads page!
 
  •  I remember reading this novel only for a day and it gave me too much feelings a person can handle for a day. Really.
  • It's about Mia Hall who's supposed to go out with her family for a little getaway, but the next thing she remembers, she sees herself being hoisted up for their wreck of a family car and brought to the hospital and trying to put the pieces of her life together.
  • This novel is told in a circular plot, with flashbacks and goals and enough background story for us to be lured into the story and feel for the character. Like the synopsis said: "Heartwrenchingly beautiful, this will change the way you look at life, love, and family." It me a lot as well. This is one of those stories that's most likely to stay with me for a long time.
  • “Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you."
  • Check out it's goodreads page!
  

  •  Like I've stated in my review, this novel is mostly reliant on fate and destiny. I've finished this novel in a day as well and this is another perfect read if you just want to take some time to relax and feel good.
  • This is one of those feel good novels with enough drama to make you fight off some tears and feel for the characters. This is definitely one of those novels which makes you wish for miracles like this to happen to you. It's like a modern day fairytale. Really.
  • “Love is the strangest, most illogical thing in the world.”
  • Click here to see my review! (My very first and very messy review, as a matter of fact.)


  •  I've said before that I reread this to catch up on the series and I don't remember liking it this much the last time I read this, but now I do.
  • This is the dystopia that doesn't feel like a dystopia. We're not in the cruel, brainless government and the main character isn't against it either.
  • I finished the second novel on New Year's eve (review this Saturday!) and it's official: I'm digging it.
  • It's a review!

Top 5 favorite albums released this year 


Pure Heroine, Lorde
  • This is one of those albums I can't get through the day without listening to.
  •  Lorde's music wasn't really my type of music until I listened to it and realize that I actually liked it.
  • Her songs are something you could actually relate to and that's a plus point.
  • Plus, I watch her online live a lot and I just think she's majestic!
  • Click here to listen to the album sampler

AM, Arctic Monkeys

The 1975, The 1975
  •  So much for B&W album covers.
  • This is The 1975's self-titled debut album and [honestly,] this is also one of those albums that I listen to everyday. 
  • If you got yourself the Deluxe edition, it's got their four EPs and I say you listen to them because [I love them too] their music is absolutely amazing.
  • I LOVE THEM!!!OMG...
  • The previous bullet is my brother's input. We agree on something. (That's his attempt on spazzing over bands.)
  • Click here to listen to them play Settle Down at the Log Cabin

The Other Side, Tonight Alive

Wild & Free, A Rocket to the Moon
  •  This is A Rocket To The Moon's second and last album. [cue gross sobbing]
  • I listened to them just October year 2012, but when I heard that they're disbanding, I almost turned into a puddle of tears. They're one of my most favorite bands ever and they cheer me up with just one listen.
  • This album is more chilly than On Your Side, this is something you might want to listen to if you just want to spend the day off, sit down and read.
  • Listen to the album and fall in love! (Then cry because they're not a band anymore.)


New things I discovered

  • (who cares, Maia?)
  • dressing up
     - yup. I don't usually do this and I never actually thought I'd enjoy doing this, but we all have the girl phase, right? I suppose this is mine.
  • the value of actually saving up
     - aka book shopping + concert tickets
  • my inner band geek
     - this is the best thing that happened to me. I swear.
  • the weight of responsibility
  • things that matter and things that don't

Favorite memories of the year

  • Bazooka Rocks II (August 25) I didn't get to blog about this because I've had post-concert depression for two weeks and I can't put all my feelings to words, but if I could right now, I'd say this is my most favorite thing in my life so far. I got to see a lot of my favorite bands and I got to spend the day with one of my best friends. If you don't consider gigs/sessions (aka seeing The Cab and This Century last year), then this is my first actual concert ever and I love it.
  • Starting this blog Call me overly dramatic or sentimental (I swear, I'm not!!) or anything, but really. I learned a lot of things from just blogging my thoughts away, and hey, I'm still sort of afraid to voice my thoughts out, but at least it's lessening.
  • New Year 2013 This is one of my favorites because this is the first New Year I've celebrated with my whole family and it was out of our tradition. It's always nice to try something new, right?
  • Fall Out Boy CD Signing (August 8) I won't ever forget this day because FalL OUT BOY HOW CAN YOU? Also because this is the first time I went to the mall without adult supervision. Plus, I went home through the jeepney alone. Fun, huh?
  • (So much fun happened in August)

I suppose this is all for my year-ender post. Let's look forward to a better year, yeah? I've read somewhere on twitter that 2013 was the year of character development and 2014 is the time we make better of ourselves. And I agree. So then, let's get up and make it happen!

'Til next time! (And by next time I mean tomorrow because this is a special post-ish)

:---)

No comments:

Post a Comment