Under the Never Sky: A Review

 
vector maker copyright as put up

(spoilers? nope, not much. i think it's safe zone.)
What do you think is under the title?
  • I'm pretty sure the Never Sky is the Aether and maybe the "under" part talks of Aria and Perry's adventures in the Outside.

Summarize the story in your own words:
  • After getting caught in a shit idea (in desperate need to be able to contact her mother after a week of not having talked to her) of a Consul's son, Aria gets exiled from her home and she is left to deal with the Outside (aka the Death Shop) until she dies (or maybe no, not really, but that's what the Reverie believes in, right?). Then she meets Perry--an Outsider who had helped her live after the disaster in Ag 6-- together, they form an alliance to get through the trials they face.

In general: (didn't like it, okay, liked it, loved it)
  •  I love it more than I could ever admit

Why?
  • Under the Never Sky is so beautifully written. Everything's weaved into beautiful, intricate details.
  • (Still related to the first bullet) You know that a novel is good when you have two character point of views and you can still tell them apart just by reading through it. This novel is definitely on of those. The characters all have very distinct voices, you can tell them apart easily. (Only I had a little difficulty after the frick frack scene... I'm not quite sure if it's just me but oh well, so much for rendering.)
  • Aria is a very strong female character. She's brave, she's curious and she's daring. She has flaws and weaknesses, yes, but she's learned to become better and move because of them.
  • This bullet is for the appreciation of the Aria/Perry romance. Take a moment to savor its mushiness, greatness and its standing in life.(Yeah no spoilers, just an appreciation bullet because I cannot put their romance to words.)
  • Under the Never Sky is a unique dystopian novel. It's not like those typical ones where in the protagonist runs around his/her society while she tries to see the holes and wrong things in it. It's fresh, riveting and so beautifully written you're going to dig in for every thing that's happening. You'll love it.

Favorite scene:
  • THE SUCCESSFUL SPONTANEOUS KISS!! And a lot of other Aria/Perry moments because they're all very fragile, serene and delicate.

Least favorite scene:
  • I don't think there's one I didn't like.

One quote you liked:
  “If there was no fear, how could there be comfort? Or courage?”

Make a three to five song playlist for the novel:

Rate it by stars/rubber ducks:

Would you recommend it?
  • Yes! It's likeable it every way possible.

Last words:
  • This is a re-read review so if you think it's too bias or whatsoever, well, at least you know. I bought myself a copy of Through the Ever Night and I forgot (very badly) everything about this novel so I had to read it again and since I'm so much of a slow reader, I thought I could actually write a review of it instead.


'Til next time!

:--)

No comments:

Post a Comment