Post-Holiday vibes: A Book Recommendation

I'm pretty sure that by the time I posted this, almost everyone in the world's gotten over the 25th of December, but I'd like to greet you all a late Merry Christmas or Happy Yuletide season or however way you'd like to put it. I hope you all had fun, felt contented and got everything you wanted (that isn't material, of course)!
Now that Christmas is (sort of) over, I'm back to blogging! For the last (full) week of December I'm gonna give you a novel that'd keep you in the Holiday vibes whenever or wherever you may be.


It's Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle. I've read this novel earlier March this year and I don't quite remember the whole thing anymore, but to give you an idea here's what goodreads has to say:
 Sparkling white snowdrifts, beautiful presents wrapped in ribbons, and multicolored lights glittering in the night through the falling snow. A Christmas Eve snowstorm transforms one small town into a romantic haven, the kind you see only in movies. Well, kinda. After all, a cold and wet hike from a stranded train through the middle of nowhere would not normally end with a delicious kiss from a charming stranger. And no one would think that a trip to the Waffle House through four feet of snow would lead to love with an old friend. Or that the way back to true love begins with a painfully early morning shift at Starbucks. Thanks to three of today’s bestselling teen authors—John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle—the magic of the holidays shines on these hilarious and charming interconnected tales of love, romance, and breathtaking kisses.
(I'm going to try my very best to fish it all out of my brain, okay.) It's basically made up of three short Christmas stories wherein everything in the novel happened only in the same place and everything is somehow connected to each other. Think... Anna and the French Kiss trilogy. There. I think that's an idea on how things run around the stories.

Like I've said a paragraph up, I don't really remember the story anymore, but I remember this novel making me feel warm and Christmas-y in the midst of hell week. Let it Snow is a very entertaining novel. It's just warm and mushy and cute all at once. It's everything festive and happy and lovey-dovey. Out of all three, I'd have to say that my favorite is the first one. The main lady character was witty and sarcastic; and it was a very adorable story overall. (Also because it's the only one I can recall very clearly til this day.)

If you can't get enough of the vibes or have gotten over it already (or if you didn't feel like you enjoyed your Christmases) and want to feel nice, I suggest you read Let it Snow. It will not disappoint!

~

Speaking of Holidays, let me share some stuff (just music, really eh) that gave me the vibes.


 
  (not a Christmas song, but I recommend you listen to latenitereading! They're amazing and I love them a lot!)



Happy listening! (+ Happy late Holidays)

'Til next time!

:---)

P.S. The Christmas special of Doctor Who is out today!!! Have you watched it? If so, what did you think of it? (BESIDES SAD, OF COURSE UGH) I refuse to watch it becuase I can't accept the fact that Matt Smith is leaving... :/

No comments:

Post a Comment