Wait on 2014


A new year means a new set of things to look forward to! And this year is a very eventful time for the bibliophiles (by that I mean us getting broke of all the things we'd want to hoard) and band junks (by this I mean us getting broke because of all the concerts we'd want to attend) alike. So then personally, here is a list of things I literally cannot wait for this year.


Books

Into the Still Blue, Veronica Rossi
  • Release date: January 28, 2014
  • This is seriously one of the reasons why I wake up happy nowadays. It's common knowledge that I finished Through the Ever Night a week ago and as much as I'd hate for the series to end, it's as much as I cannot wait to get hold of these series again. And since someone had reviewed it saying, "it felt like rainbow after rainstorm", what isn't here in this novel not to look forward to?!
  • goodreads page
  
Panic, Lauren Oliver
  • Release date: March 4, 2014
  • The blurb/synopsis of this novel actually [practically] screams The Hunger Games, but since it's Lauren Oliver, I'm reading it. We never know about her, right? People compared Divergent from The Hunger Games a lot but when I got to read THG I would actually roll my eyes up at the comparers because they're not even close. Not a sliver of anything. So maybe it goes with this one too. We just have to calm our judging mouths first and read it before criticizing it.
  • goodreads page


Side Effects May Vary, Julie Murphy
  • Release date: March 18 2014
  • I was looking through new books to add to my to-read list when I stumbled upon this. It's about a sixteen-year old named Alice and she's diagnosed with leukemia. Now before "her time" runs out, she decides to finish this bucket list she has with her friend named Harvey who's always had feelings for her. "But just when Alice’s scores are settled, she goes into remission."
  • Reading the blurb, it actually reminded me of The Catastrophic History of You and Me (aah a review!) wherein Brie pulled Patrick over to her crazy vengeance things because she can't move over her death just yet, only this (Side Effects May Vary) is about someone living.
  • goodreads page


The Museum of Intangible Things, Wendy Wunder
  • Release date: April 10, 2014
  • A road trip novel about "Loyalty. Envy. Obligation. Dreams. Disappointment. Fear. Negligence. Coping. Elation. Lust. Nature. Freedom. Heartbreak. Insouciance. Audacity. Gluttony. Belief. God. Karma. Knowing what you want (there is probably a French word for it). Saying Yes. Destiny. Truth. Devotion. Forgiveness. Life. Happiness (ever after)."
  • goodreads page


The Geography of You and Me, Jennifer E. Smith
  • Release date: April 15, 2014
  • This is the novel I could hopefully read days before its release date (if the Philippine post office is nice enough not to lose my copy or deliver it to me personally). After The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight (aah a review!), I just knew that I had to read more of this woman. And I am very excited to be able to read this. She writes a lot about long-distance relationship nowadays and it's nice to see romance novels from that point of view because I've never really seen a lot.
  • goodreads page




What I Thought Was True, Huntley Fitzpatrick
  • Release date: April 15, 2014
  • I've never read anything by Huntley Fitzpatrick before (but I have My Life Next Door on my e-book shelf) but because I've read a lot of good things about MLND and the author, and because I have this very bad knack over contemporary romance, I decided I'd want to read this novel.
  • Reading the novel's blurb reminded me of The Distance Between Us (aah a review!) a lot.
  • goodreads page



Open Road Summer, Emery Lord
  • Release date: April 15, 2014
  • So much book releases for April 15th.
  • I've stumbled on this novel by accident as well, in desperate need to add novels to my to-read list. It's also a contemporary romance like the lot of other novels in this list. It's about friendships, broken hearts, superstars, road trips and well, finding love. Sounds like something I'd bring with me to chill out.
  • goodreads page


To All The Boys I've Loved Before, Jenny Han
  • Release date: April 22, 2014
  • I've never read anything by Jenny Han before (because The Summer I Turned Pretty didn't seem like my kind of novel and also because it received quite a lot of not really positive feedbacks from my friends) but "one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all." And that blurb was enough for the fish to take on the bait and I'm excited to read this.
  • goodreads page




On the Fence, Kasie West
  • Release date: July 1, 2014
  • After reading The Distance Between Us and the feelings it gave me, I knew I had to read more of Kasie West's contemporary romances and this happened to be her second one.
  • [from the blurb] "She's a tomboy. He's the boy next door..." That's enough to make me want to read.
  • I kind of wish that Charlie is sort of like Caymen in her level of sarcasm because that's what I miss the most  her novels.
  • goodreads page


That's all in the literature world that I have found to wait on for so far...


Concerts

  • I'd say 8123 tour Manila, but there's no chance I'm attending, so never mind... ?
  • Wanderland 2014
  • Bazooka Rocks 3 (I'm saving up for this already and we don't have anything about this event yet)
  • #firststopManila (THE CAB PLS)
I think that's all too. I mean the last bullet isn't even confirmed of anything. Like it doesn't have any official thing, just most of The Cab's members tweeting with that hashtag (especially Joey) every now and then, but since they didn't release their album last 2013, I have a feeling that I'll be out later this year and if they toured, hopefully, it indeed will be #firststopManila.

Movies

  •  Divergent
  • On theaters: March 21, 2014
  • I've been saving up for this one too. I have high hopes for this movie adaptation, please don't break my vibes.
  • IMDb page


  • The Fault in Our Stars
  • On theaters: June 6, 2014
  • That posteerrr
  • IMDb page
That's all too.. because I'm not really a movie junk. (That's the reason why I have movie marathon week in the blog, have you figured that out yet?)

Yep.

Have an amazing year, folks. Keep your eyes on the prize and don't let anybody bring you down. Learn to listen and move on from your nightmares. Take a step up and face your fears. Learn how to fly.


'Til next time! (and by next time I mean tomorrow because tomorrow is a Saturday!)

:--)

No comments:

Post a Comment