Fil-drama cliché‎s

After one post I have made about Filipino dramas before, I can give you permission to say that this blog could contain more or less my growing annoyance on this matter.

Because if you're a Filipino, let's face it and get a grip on admitting this one; almost all (if not actually all) Filipino dramas are cliché‎. To the extent that you can just tell what would happen next and laugh when you saw the thing you have predicted beforehand.

And because of that, let me give you some things you can expect to happen when watching Filipino dramas:


  • a love triangle
  • a love triangle that involves cheating
  • hold-up/kidnapping scene
  • the antagonist doing everything to ruin the protagonist's life for an unreasonable [or completely no] reason
  • police arriving when the thing is over
  • during a party/huge event scene near the end of the TV series, the antagonist goes to that scene-- in disguise and COMPLETELY unnoticed (because apparently their disguise is sooo hideous)-- and tries to make a bomb explode or shoot one of the main characters
  • there's always a sidekick that goes through everything with the antagonist
  • and chances are, they end up getting killed. By their master. Because they're such a failure.
  • expect a main character to die
  • people warring over money
  • the "pretty" people always and constantly bullying on the "not-really good looking" people
  • then the "not-really good looking" people/person becomes rich
  • and then they throw all the words back to the "pretty" people
  • ADOPTION ISSUES (which scopes the parent giving their child away and the kid comes looking for them with either want of love or revenge and the other things that belong in that subject)
  • amnesia
I think I went a little too far.

But yeah, let me clear this up: I do not dislike/hate them. I just get so ticked off because darn, that thing again? Like, I don't know, even though the plot was interesting and stuff, they still find a way to put on some cliché‎, and it's so annoying.

I do watch some, though.

Because I have faith that one day they'll get rid of all it. Also because my mom watches them a lot.

'Til next time!

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment