All I wanted was to break your walls


First off, I'm gonna tell you that I'm not a fan of Miley Cyrus. (I mean I liked her, you know, Hanna Montana)

This video/new single entitled Wrecking Ball from her new album Bangerz, and it's been causing a lot of buzz since it was out a couple of days ago. So then my friends told me about it, saying it's weird and I should check it out and stuff; and I did.

To be honest, I liked it. I mean compared to We Can't Stop, hello! It's raw, painful and emotional. The song is really honest and compassionate [and painful (believe me, I'm not going to stop telling you how painful it was for me)]. I felt Miley's feelings in it so hard I started feeling so bad for her, like I just wanna pat her on the head and tell her it's gonna be okay.

And then there's the video wherein the real issue comes. The video was... deep, I think. If you had quite a narrow head, or maybe just didn't care much about it, you might say it's gross and completely irrelevant and naked and stuff. Well it is, in fact, naked. Literally. But there's something more to it.

There's this photo I saw on twitter in which Miley elaborates the meaning of the video
I'm not entirely sure if it's actually from Miley (since I'm an asshole and I'm too lazy to look it up), but after seeing her reasons, does it still look so bad for you?

Not to me. Not quite anymore.

Like I had said earlier, it's deep. And believe me, I didn't quite like the naked part either and I found the licking a mallet part a bit gross; but there's something in it.

I wouldn't necessarily call it neat, but this video's got real symbolism (and it's really painful and meaningful) so it's cool. Sometimes, let's not get so judgmental first, okay? Learn to investigate and understand everything first before judging. :-)

Yes, despite all the clamor, hate and nakedness, I still really love the song. The meaning of it goes so well with human [love]life.

P.S. I aam posting a new book review this week, although it's on queue and I cannot assure you a new one next week because we just had a career assessment exam and some real ass long tests for tomorrow 'til next week Monday. Be good! 

and

u go miley

c:

No comments:

Post a Comment