LET US TALK ABOUT: My Book Buying Priority


So. Here we are. On another episode of me trying to eloquently express my take on a particular matter. I never heard from you, so I'm gonna assume you're either not capable of commenting or nonexistent. Anyway, in hopes of keeping this blog alive, I am therefore here to tell you more about my thoughts about something bookish. (No, not really...? I mean, yeah it is, but... you get the point.) I'm getting out of topic.

I think we all know that I'm still a student and therefore still very much dependent on my parents for life support. That said, I, obviously, am still not legible for work, and therefore just depending on my allowance for book buying purposes.

[Before I ramble more about my life story and financial crisis, I am directing to the point.] Anyway, the sole purpose of this random discussion post is to tell you some things I consider when buying books. I don't go on hauls. I buy at least only one or two novels when I get out. And I think we all know just how difficult it is to choose which novel/s to purchase when all those beauties are just beaming at you, whispering in your ear about how good of a ride the will be, pulling you into the depths of brokenness and confusion. So yes, here is a [short] list of the things I [try to] keep in mind when purchasing books: (aka my priority etiquette)

  1. Prioritize novels that have been sitting on top of my TBR list in goodreads.
  2. Purchase only those you want so much. I know it's tempting to just grab a book you've been keeping tabs on for about a day or two, but of course, it's better if you bought something on top of your wishlist. You've wanted that certain novel for so long and you'd end up buying something you just saw? That pretty sad... (For me, anyway.)
  3. Purchase at least one novel on special occasions. I don't know about you, but to remind myself of the great things that happened to me in a particular day, I get myself a book as a memorabilia of some sort.
  4. Do not purchase a novel on impulse. As in something like I just saw, read the synopsis, stared at the cover, then purchase. Nope. Just nope.
  5. If there are too many beauties staring you right in the face, purchase the one that's been on your goodreads TBR list the longest.
  6. If you want to purchase but are not sure which one to get, choose the one that's cheapest.
That's not everything I consider when purchasing novels, but well, that's all I could think of at the moment... So now on to you, do you have rules when purchasing novels? 

'Til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment