Bleed: A mini-review


Because I'm on extreme, full-on ninja mode, the things I'm gonna blog about nowadays are mostly about the things that don't require much effort on my part. (Aka watching a movie  or searching for new things to review or introduce.)


Anyway, for the month's first week, I'm gonna give you a mini review of Bleed by Laurie Faria Stolarz.


My classmate lent this to me for reviewing because she went to this warehouse sale sometime last month and apparently, bought a lot of books she knew next to nothing about. So she thought maybe it'd be nice if someone read it before she does so she knows what to expect.

Anyway, Bleed is basically a bunch of "short stories"/narratives about a set of teenagers who are connected in a way or another. We see how they do in a span of a day and the way they deal with it. I really am not sure about how I feel about this novel. For the most part (aka from the beginning to the third to the last story, at least), I felt very uncomfortable reading this. There is a slight to quite mild amount of sexual content and well, it's... very unsettling. Also, I didn't think they made sense until the start of Mearl's.

What made me give this 3.5 for a rating though is because of the last two stories. I liked them a lot. I mean, Joy's was sad; but I loved Sean's so much. The end definitely made me want for more. The last, for me, is the best of all.

I liked Bleed a lot and if given the chance, I would definitely read it again. (Mostly so maybe I could make sense of those I hadn't gotten in the first time of reading.)

It's a very short read, so if you just wish to spend some time with your nose under a book, I suggest grap a copy.


'Til next time!!

:----)

No comments:

Post a Comment