"And in that moment, I swear we were infinite.”


Title sounds familiar? Yes, of course. This is just one of those quotes made overused because of a [thankfully and fortunately very good] book-movie adaptation. Either way, this is not a Perks-related post or anything literary related.


I did mention in my latest post that I'm to put up a personal-y post. To update you, as well as myself, on the life I'm having and apparently well, not quite appreciating.

Anyway, this day last week was our school's founding day celebration and well, I had a blast. I don't actually think that it's necessary that I tell you shit about my life--since the sole purpose of this blog does not include me entertaining you with things about my silly life, but I feel the need to put this up somewhere that is not my journal and where else could that place be? Also because I think it's important that I put my life gems someplace I hold close to me, even not graspable.

Back to the topic. (Jesus, I keep on swerving someplace else.) To start this post up, let me just tell you that those days were crazy good. I'm not to write about those days  as though this is a diary entry just so I won't fill the post with my senseless teenager bullshit. (Those days were full of it, I swear.)

A lot happened during our three days of class-free school days (do you get me?) somehow, it went on like this: walking around the corridors whilst singing along to the songs [played by the gorgeous school newspaper club] overhead without a care in the world; sitting on the monkey bars like we never were to outgrow them; wandering around the school tirelessly; and having triumph wash over you, making all your efforts worth all the work  and make you feel good about the whole world even in a short period of time.

A lot more things happened during those days--most of which involve us using every part of the school as a lounge room, either doing nothing or playing Flappy Bird--but I chose to share those three because, in my perspective, after everything, those are the three of the many things I am certain of to remind of these days.

All three are situations which made me feel like I'm completely, completely out of my comfort zone, but extremely, very happy. (Does this make you proud, grade nine saint Edward?) I've never got the courage to run around the hallways singing along to my favorite songs before. I've never dared sit down on the kids' playground's monkey bars before. I've never gotten this dark [of complexion] because of field demo practices. (You know that needs saying when you've been my classmate once or twice in my school life.) I've never, ever jumped around the school, laughing and singing and screaming and dancing as though I didn't give a damn about whatever shit the world throws at me. Because in the moment, I did didn't. I didn't care if we get reprimanded for screaming so loud, I didn't care if my legs hurt the morning after, I didn't care if I lost my voice for screaming like a banshee, I didn't care if I stepped on somebody else's foot (okay, scratch that. I do care for the last thing. And hey man, I still feel bad about bumping into you. Shit happens and well apparently, you happened to catch the shit. woops) because in that moment, nothing else mattered. Nothing else but the feeling of success, happiness and triumph. And I swear, in those moments, everything was fine and nothing in the world hurt. (Well, besides my cramps and the constant concern of bumping into people.)

There were a lot in last week that I'm [sure] bound to remember for quite a long time. It was busy and paranoid and crazy, but I've never felt so accomplished over anything in my life before. That's got to say something, right?

They say that high school is the best thing in your whole education life and I think this is what last week stands for. (I mean, so far. I don't know, it was crazy.) I think I'm most likely to remember this school year's founding day celebrations because this is the most different out of everything. And that's good. In every possible way. I've never felt that happy in the place I've always thought I'm forced to deal with before. I mean, sure, there were good days--a lot of them, actually-- but this is one of those days.

It's one of those days when you realize that in the end, none of those other days I went home feeling like a puddle of mess mattered at all. I wasn't able to take any decent (or any, actually) photo from those days but I realized that in the end, comfort zone or no, I guess what matters is that I enjoyed myself.


Aye this is one long hell of a post. I've actually written this last week. A few days after the field demo and I'm surprised by how clearly I still remember the days-- as to I tend to forget things quite fastly. Anyway, I've not written a personal thing in a loooong time and well, here's one. This post tells you everything and nothing at once. (Unless you were in that situation or you can read through my brain.) But yeah.

If you actually bothered reading this and is currently reading up to this part of the post: wow, you rock. You got through my teenage bullshit. I would like to send you a brofist. You deserve an award.


'Til next time?

:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment