The Distance Between Us: A Review

This may be the first and the last time that I'm including the author's name in the header photos.
I know the header photo I made may be too dark--with the B&W effect and all. I really don't know what to do with this one, either. (In fact, I don't really have much of ideas when it comes to making the photos.) I just got some photo from one of the texture packs I have downloaded before; googled a typography (for template/inspiration-ish) and wella! There it is.

This week, I'm reviewing The Distance Between Us by Kasie West. :-)

(spoiler alerts??)

What do you think is under the title?
  • I think it's about the social status of the main characters and, well, maybe the barriers their different worlds had somehow put between them and their relationship.
Summarize the story in your own words:
  • We have Caymen Meyers. She is the daughter of the owner of the doll shop--need I say, Dolls and More. And the doll shop isn't going very well. Needless to day, they're broke--well sort of. And then there's Alex/Xander/Alexander Spence. He is from a family of a hotel owner and the grandson of one of Dolls and More's favorite customers.
  • Xander then gets into the shop to pick-up a doll for his grandma and meets Caymen, who isn't really a fan of the rich people.
  • Despite all the I-don't-like-rich-people perspective Caymen has, she starts to enjoy Xander's company. Then shit goes down. In a very good way. :-)
In general: (didn't like it, okay, liked it, loved it)
  • I loved it!!!!!
Why?
    • sWOON WORTHY [male *cough*] CHARACTER/S
    • I loved the name of the characters!!!! I mean, obviously with Caymen which is a name that I don't see very often. With Alexander/Alex/Xander, though, I just have this thing about that name. Like I really love it. I have a fetish over fictional characters named Alex/Xander.
    • The sarcasm. Despite the things that Caymen carries on her shoulders, it's a good thing that she never forgets to bring her sarcasm with her. It makes things lighter, cuter and funnier.
    • The romance. IT'S SO CHEESY I CANNOT TAKE IT, I HAVE NEVER SQUEALED THAT HARD SINCE I DON'T KNOW. HOPELESS ROMANTIC, HOFELES
    • s ORMANTIC
    • Okay, sorry about that.
    • The characters themselves. Mason was just a fucking rockstar--he's too touchy and in need of human contact, though, which I didn't appreciate so much. Skye and Henry were, well, a couple, but they're both so supportive of Caymen, which I liked very much. XANDER! Fetish aside, he's a very cute and shrewd character. Although I didn't feel the 'I don't want to follow my father's footsteps' thing he's been saying so much.
    Favorite scene:
    • The time Xander went to the shop early in the morning with donuts and hot chocolate, maybe. Or just the occasional thing wherein Xander has to gulp down some amount of the hot choco first before handing it to Caymen. My main focus whilst reading the novel is the romance, so yeah.
    Least favorite scene:
    • Maybe the....................... the benefit one?
    One quote you liked:
    “Sometimes it's the little things that bring that special someone back to us in some small way.”

    Make a three to five song playlist for the novel:

    Rate it by stars/rubber ducks:

    5 ducks and more


    ...me and my attempt at dry humor?? I'm never doing it again.

    Would you recommend it?
      • READ IT, OKAY? :-)
      Last words:
      • It reminded me of This is What Happy Looks Like a little.
      • READ IT!! :-)
      'Til next time!

      :-)

      No comments:

      Post a Comment