The Mark of Athena: A Review

(This gorgeous artwork is made by the amazing neaviria of deviantArt)

How late am I? Hah. By the time this review goes out, I'm sure the House of Hades is out. I really, really had to do a major catching up on this one because I wasn't able to purchase a copy and I had to borrow to a friend. But yeah, here you go, a very late review.

Spoiler caution?!? (Surely you have read the novel looong before I have.)


What do you think is under the title?
  • It's about The Mark of Athena. Not much to give away, huh?
Summarize the story in your own words:
  • I can't tell. So have goodreads' summary instead:
In general: (didn't like it, okay, liked it, loved it)
  • I loved it.
Why?
  • Out of all the books in The Heroes of Olympus so far, this has got to be my favorite. Maybe because of the fact that there's Percy and Annabeth again.
  • Or maybe because of the iNSIDE JOKES??
  • or mayb e the fact that you can see that they've grown up. And that's such an overwhelming feeling. Maybe there's a twinge of sadness because they're not quite your babies anymore, but if you think back to it, it's just... wow. I literally grew up with the series and whenever we're thrown an inside joke or some little Percabeth goodness, I just feel like my childhood is running fast in front of me and (I have to shed a fair amount of tears/pinches on the heart because of it.) it feels amazing-- to be reminded.
  • Those aren't the only reasons why I loved MoA, of course. There's a lot more which I can't really put out into words.
Favorite scene:
  • PERCABETH REUNION! (cue internal screaming + rolling on the floor + giggle fit)
    Least favorite scene:
    • I didn't like nothing. I think I liked the book too much.
    One quote you liked:
    “Like water leaking through a dam," said Piper.
      "Yeah," smiled Percy. "We've got a dam hole."
        "What?" Piper asked.
          "Nothing," he said. "Inside joke.” 

          • sorry not sorry 


          Make a three to five song playlist for the novel:
            Rate it by stars/rubber ducks:
            4 ducks!!


            Would you recommend it?
            • You better have read this long before I have, sweetheart.
            • But yeaah, if not yet, better read it. :-)
            Last words:
            • The House of Hades is out!!!! 
            • And you shouldn't be expecting for a review any time now because I have absolutely no idea when I'll be able to read it.
            • (Most likely a week or two before The Blood of Olympus is out)
            • Yup, I suck.
            • So badly.
            P.S. I'm not putting this out on a Saturday because I'm too late and I don't think I can post anything else this week besides a couple of reviews. 

            'Til next time!

            :-)

            No comments:

            Post a Comment