REVIEW: The Blood of Olympus

New headers! I realized the old ones won't fit in the post spaces and I'm actually too lazy to manipulate the code of the template so I left it at that and made new headers instead! What do you think of them?

Anyway, new review today and it's one of my ultimate favorites! (My childhood, actually.) Head on over!



BOOK DETAILS: 
title: The Blood of Olympus
author: Shannon Lee Alexander
series: The Heroes of Olympus #5
publisher: Disney Hyperion
pub date: October 7th, 2014
genre: middle grade & children, young adult, mythology, fantasy, adventure
format acquired: paperback; borrowed
synopsis:
Though the Greek and Roman crewmembers of the "Argo II" have made progress in their many quests, they still seem no closer to defeating the earth mother, Gaea. Her giants have risen-all of them, and they're stronger than ever. They must be stopped before the Feast of Spes, when Gaea plans to have two demigods sacrificed in Athens. She needs their blood-the blood of Olympus-in order to wake.

The demigods are having more frequent visions of a terrible battle at Camp Half-Blood. The Roman legion from Camp Jupiter, led by Octavian, is almost within striking distance. Though it is tempting to take the Athena Parthenos to Athens to use as a secret weapon, the friends know that the huge statue belongs back on Long Island, where it "might" be able to stop a war between the two camps.

The Athena Parthenos will go west; the "Argo II" will go east. The gods, still suffering from multiple personality disorder, are useless. How can a handful of young demigods hope to persevere against Gaea's army of powerful giants? As dangerous as it is to head to Athens, they have no other option. They have sacrificed too much already. And if Gaea wakes, it is game over.

REVIEW:
What do you think is under the title?
  • Is it just me or is it actually funny when you see how the title came up and about? I'm not gonna tell because it's a spoiler, but it's funny and important.


In general: (didn't like it, okay, liked it, loved it)
  • Do you even have to ask?


Why?
It took me exactly three days to finish this. The Blood of Olympus is a big book. The three days is proof how invested I was in the novel and in the series.

I have no coherent thoughts for this one. Just that I LOVED it. More than my friend told me I would. Our hearts belong solely to the PJO series, and we were quite hesitant to get into the Heroes of Olympus series. I'll be honest: I hated the Lost Hero. I didn't even finish it. (Okay, I allow you to hit my face with its hardbound version.) I skipped through chapters and only read all of Leo's, and very few of Jason and Piper's because I found them annoying. And then the others--I liked them enough to continue, that's for sure.

But for the Blood of Olympus. Gods of Olympus. I LOVED EVERYTHING ABOUT IT. I can't tell you, I swear, I can't tell you enough how much I loved it. I love the action, the adventure, heck, even the romance.

The first 1/3 of it got me confused and asking, "so what, are they gonna travel the whole book?" but please don't let that discourage you. It gets better, I swear than on the Styx. It made me miss my childhood even more. Made me cry thrice or more.

To summarize, I loved it.


Quotes you liked:
Literature is different from math and science because we don't always have one correct answer.

Mi casa es su casa.

When most people think of explosions, they go for the Hollywood special effects version, with lots of noise and fire and people's limbs flying everywhere. In reality, the silent ones are more devastating.
"Sometimes life is like that, you know. It smacks us when we're down. The brave get back up. At least, they do in the books."
You are not an open book, unless that book is a mystery.


Rate it by stars/rubber ducks:
ALL THE DUCKS!!

Would you recommend it?
  • YES.YES YES.


Last words:
  • READ THE SERIES AND THEN WE'LL CRY TOGETHER, OKAy?!


No comments:

Post a Comment